Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Rolling Pin the Most Important Tool in The Kitchen

 rolling pin

So as you guys know I love baking and cooking, and I also love kitchen tools that make your life easier in the kitchen. There is nothing like a new kitchen tool to brighten up your kitchen and to make more meal planning enjoyable. After all if you do not have the right tools you cannot make the right dishes, right? Can you make soup without a pot?

I am like a man with his tools, when it comes to kitchen tools and gadgets. A new kitchen gadget to add to my kitchens toolbox, drawer, cupboard, whatever you want to call it.

One essentials tool that is needed in the kitchen is a rolling pin. Sure you may only just need one, but hey why stop at one when you can have a few in every size and color. They can be used for different reasons, different things. In my home, rolling pins are not just used for baking. And they are not just used for dough. We also use rolling pins for crafts, other fun and exciting dishes, and yes I have been known to beat meat with my rolling pins, and roll out chicken too. We will get into that later.

Here are a few of my favorite rolling pins. Although nothing beats my grandmothers old rolling pin that has been through many family meals, and many treasured family memories. After all a rolling pin is one of the first tools I got to use in the kitchen.


I remember spending the night at my Grandmother’s house and helping her make empanadas. She also had a few rolling pins; small, medium, and large. She would give us the smaller ones to help roll out the dough. Then we would use the bottom of a large cup to cut out the empanada shapes. The leftover dough she would let use play with and practices rolling dough with the rolling pins. It was a lot of fun and one of my favorite times with my grandma. So when it comes to rolling pins they are definitely one of my favorite tools in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment